Newborn-6 months (14” hat): head measurement up to 15.5”, weight up to 18 lbs.


3-12 months (16” hat): head measurement 15.5-17.5”, weight up to 23 lbs.


12-24 months (18”hat): head measurement 17.5-19.5”, weight up 30 lbs.


2 yrs-9 yrs. (20”hat): head measurement 19.5-21.5”


Hats can be customized for color combinations as well as finish on top of the hat.

Orders can be places via email at this time at bridget.bosch@sbcglobal.net or through our Facebook site (link below).

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Something old, new & blue....


Ferne Rose Hat
Hat shown in Bachelor Button.

This hat was intended to be something else.  It was supposed to have bobbles and different details on the brim and has been in and out of my knitting bag since the school year began.  As each element didn't develop as I planned I put the hat away, brought it out and put it away again.  When my final design idea failed, I stopped and really looked at the hat.  I realized what it wanted to be--a hat that would be sweet enough for a tiny baby, but also make an older girl feel grown up.  I saw that it wanted to be an old fashioned cloche hat with a sweet flower bud on the brim.  And when I finished it, the name that came to me was that of my late grandmother, Ferne Rose.  She was a master knitter, crocheter, and quite the seamstress... I think she would approve.  
Pin It
Ferne Rose Hat
Hat shown in White.

No comments:

Post a Comment